DefinitionsFor the purposes of this policy, as defined by the AODA S.O. 2005, “Disability” means:
- Any degree of physical disability, infirmity, malformation or disfigurement that is caused by bodily injury, birth defect or illness and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, includes diabetes mellitus, epilepsy, a brain injury, any degree of paralysis, amputation, lack of physical co-ordination, blindness or visual impediment, deafness or hearing impediment, muteness or speech impediment, or physical reliance on a guide dog or other animal or on a wheelchair or other remedial appliance or device;
- A condition of mental impairment or a developmental disability;
- A learning disability, or a dysfunction in one or more of the processes involved in understanding or using symbols or spoken language;
- A mental disorder; or
- An injury or disability for which benefits were claimed or received under the insurance plan established under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997.
- An animal accompanying a person with disabilities where it is readily apparent that the animal is used by the person for reasons relating to his or her disability or where the person provides a letter from a physician or nurse confirming that he or she requires the animal for reasons relating to the disability. This definition includes guide dogs used by the blind or visually impaired.
- In relation to a person with disabilities, another person who accompanies him or her in order to help with communication, mobility, personal care or medical needs or with access to goods and services.
Providing Goods and Services to People with DisabilitiesTradeRev is committed to serving all Customers, including people with disabilities and we will carry out our functions and responsibilities in the following ways:
- We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
- We will train our Employees who communicate with Customers on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- We are committed to providing fully accessible telephone service to our Customers. We will train Employees to communicate with Customers over the telephone in clear and plain language and to speak clearly and slowly.
- We will offer to communicate with Customers by e-mail or operator assisted relay services if telephone communication is not suitable to their communication needs or is not available.
- We are committed to serving people with disabilities who use assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from our services. We will ensure that our Employees are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our services.
Use of Service Animals and Support PersonsWe are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal on the parts of our premises that are open to the public and other third parties. We will also ensure that all Employees are properly trained on how to interact with people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal. We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter TradeRev’s premises with his or her support person. At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person be prevented from having access to his or her support person while on our premises.
Notice of Temporary DisruptionIn the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities, our Company will provide Customers with notice. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services if available.
Training for EmployeesTradeRev will provide training to all Employees who deal with the public and all those who are involved in the development and approvals of customer service policies, practices and procedures. Individuals in customer facing positions will be trained during their orientation with TradeRev. Employees will be trained on an ongoing basis, and when changes are made to these policies, practices and procedures.
Feedback ProcessTradeRev welcomes any feedback regarding the methods we use to provide services to persons with disabilities. Individuals may provide their feedback in person, by telephone, in writing, or by e-mail to:
In Person: 90 Sheppard Ave. E. Suite 601
By Telephone: 888-260-4604
In writing: TradeRev
601-90 Sheppard Ave. East
Toronto, ON M2N 3A1
Or by e-mail to: email@example.com